Auto Accident or Motor Vehicle Accident (MVA)
Despite our best intentions there are nearly 6.3 million motor vehicle accidents occurring every year. You may find yourself having been in an auto accident and needing treatment for an injury. We know how to effectively treat auto accident injuries.
What is the best treatment after a motor vehicle accident?
Often after a car accident you will be told by your doctor that you are ok and to expect soreness over the next few days. The first day you feel okay but on the second and third day you feel significantly worse. But the x-rays or MRI said you were fine, right? What’s going on? You are likely experiencing delayed onset muscle soreness with a whiplash injury now presenting itself. Should you stretch, rest or get a manipulation? A thorough physical therapy evaluation can help you know what treatment regimen works best.
Who Can Benefit?
Car accidents can create injury such as:
- Whiplash to the back & neck which can lead to headaches and muscle spasms
- Back or neck injuries that can limit motion and cause numbness, tingling or changes in sensation in the arms or legs
- Muscle strains and tears that create pain with movement
- Concussion impacting your balance, ability to concentrate and think and limit your tolerance and ability to work and perform daily activities
How Does Treatment for Auto Accidents Work?
Treatment will be tailored to your specific injury, your tolerance to movement and your pain level. We want to make sure we help you by:
- Relieving your acute and immediate pain
- Gently restore motion in your joints and muscles
- Gradually increase your strength to re-engage the tissues that were damaged
- Help you return to your daily activities in a pain free manner and educating you on good mechanics and coordination of your body
Did you know….?
- Injuries from auto accidents often do not present themselves until 24-48 hours after the accident occurs
- Auto accidents cost the U.S. $230.6 billion per year, or an average of $820 per person
- According to the CDC, distracted driving accidents account for over 1000 injuries per day
- We work with all auto insurance companies to get your treatment quickly and effectively
Make An Appointment
20150 SW Roy Rogers Rd Suite 120,
Sherwood, OR 97140
Phone (971) 213-3335
Independently and Locally Owned
How can we help?
20510 SW Roy Rogers Rd Suite 120,
Sherwood, OR 97140
Phone: (971) 213-3335
Fax: (971) 213-3389
Mon-Thurs: 7:00 am to 7:20 pm
Friday: 7:00 am to 6:00 pm