What is Balance Training & Fall Prevention?
We can help you reduce your fall risk, improve your balance and help you avoid losing your independence.
- This is a system of retraining your body to move in ways to maintain your balance
- Often as people age, their loss of balance control comes from not moving as often, in as large of ranges and amplitudes of movement and in more controlled environments
- Over time this leads to a loss of confidence with daily mobility and fear of falling can ensue
- We address these limitations to put you back on track to moving in confidence to reduce your fall risk
Who Can Benefit?
- Anyone who notices a decline in their confidence with walking and moving around the community or their home
- Everyone who has fallen in the past year
- Those with a general decline in function (often noticed by family members first)
How Does it Work?
- Our approach is comprehensive by addressing your strength, agility, balance reactions & joint flexibility
- Each one of these can be a limiter in your balance control and by putting all of these components together we can help you move more confidently and reduce your fall risk
- Do not wait for a fall to happen to do something about it! Be proactive and protect yourself
Did you know….?
- According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, one-third of people over the age of 65 fall every year
- 50% of those individuals do not share that problem with their primary care provider
- 10,000 people every day turn age 65 in the U.S.
- Falls are a significant cost to our healthcare system but more importantly falling impacts individuals lives and those of their family as their resulting independence declines
Make An Appointment
20150 SW Roy Rogers Rd Suite 120,
Sherwood, OR 97140
Phone (971) 213-3335
Independently and Locally Owned
How can we help?
20510 SW Roy Rogers Rd Suite 120,
Sherwood, OR 97140
Phone: (971) 213-3335
Fax: (971) 213-3389
Mon-Thurs: 7:00 am to 7:20 pm
Friday: 7:00 am to 6:00 pm