Sports injuries are an unfortunate consequence of competing at the beginner to the professional level. We have extensive training, experience, and success working with athletes of all ages. We will work with you through each phase of your recovery to help you get back to doing what you love.
What Is Our Approach?
The injuries that occur with individual and team competition can range from minor to catastrophic requiring surgery. Along this injury continuum, it is essential that you seek appropriate treatment. The treatment can range from education to avoid over-training, biomechanical analysis to change technique (e.g., high-speed video analysis for running), to more traditional physical therapy to address pain and swelling reduction, as well as improving joint mobility, muscular flexibility, strength, and dynamic stability. Our evaluation and treatment philosophy is comprehensive where
Who Can Benefit?
We have experience working with overuse and traumatic injuries. Our training includes Emergency Medical Response for on the field injuries to comprehensive backgrounds teaching Return to Play criteria for safe and effective rehabilitation.
- Ligament sprains (e.g., ankle sprain)
- Ligament tears (e.g., ACL rupture)
- Muscle strains (e.g., hamstring)
- Muscle ruptures (e.g., Achilles tendon)
- Joint dislocations (e.g., shoulder)
- Overuse injuries (e.g., tennis elbow)
- Shin splints
- Patellofemoral pain syndrome (runner’s knee / jumper’s knee)
- Spine (e.g., lumbar disc injury)
- Overhead athlete (swimmer, baseball, volleyball, javelin)