In advance of an expected surgery we’ll help you get a jump on recovery!
Physical therapy prior to a surgical procedure has been shown to:
- Reduce pain
- Improve strength
- Increase range of motion (ROM)
- Improve functional capacity with Activities of Daily Living (ADLs)
For the best results prior to your surgery, we recommend physical therapy 2 times a week for 4 to 6 weeks.
“By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail” – Benjamin Franklin
For times when the unexpected happens, we’ll draw on decades of experience
in both rehabilitative and high level performance settings. We strive to educate you in every phase of your recovery.
To achieve your goals, physical therapy is a necessity following a surgery.
We will guide you one-on-one to:
- Decrease your swelling
- Decrease your pain
- Improve your strength
- Increase your ROM
- Re-learn how to effectively and efficiently perform your ADLs (walk, overhead lift, negotiate stairs, etc.)
- Safely progress your exercises to achieve your goals (return to sport, return to work, enjoy your life, etc.)
You can feel confident that our partnership will get the best results.
Who Can Benefit?
Did You Know?
For individuals after their surgery, if they participated in pre-surgery physical therapy they have:
- Reduced hospital stay
- Faster physical recovery
- Faster functional recovery