Since there are so many types of injuries you can encounter in the workplace, it is important you get the proper treatment and training to prevent future work injuries. We educate our patients on workplace safety measures, such as, proper lifting techniques, good posture and stretch and strength training.
What is our approach?
Work injuries can be devastating, both physically and emotionally. We treat work injuries like all other injuries you may encounter. Our highly trained physical therapists will work one on one with you to determine the type of comprehensive therapy you need in order to get back to work easier, healthier, and most importantly pain-free.
First, we will:
- Determine the cause of injury
- Create a customized treatment plan based on your injury
- Educate you on safe work practices to prevent further or additional injuries
million non-fatal work injuries and illnesses were reported in 2018
Work Injuries We Treat
Work Conditioning (or Hardening) is a type of “after physical therapy” treatment. Your physical therapist will perform a functional capacity evaluation (FCE) after your physical therapy has ended. This test will determine your readiness to return to work based on your current strength, flexibility, mobility and pain. Work Condition therapy is designed specifically to your job. For example, if you are a delivery driver, this therapy is designed to help you lift and move large/heavy packages correctly, strengthen back and lumbar muscles, and teach proper posture and endurance.
Slips, Trips & Falls
Slips, trips and falls are one of the most common types of workplace injuries. Each slip, trip and fall can cause different types of injuries; sprains, muscle tears and fractures being very common.
Overexertion injuries refer to pulling, pushing, lifting, carrying and throwing activities performed on the job. Back strains are one of the most common injuries resulting from overexertion. Physical therapy treatment varies with each type of injury.
Equipment & Contact Injuries
According to the National Safety Council Injury Facts, injuries resulting from contact with objects and equipment is the fourth leading cause of work-related deaths and the third leading cause of nonfatal injuries involving days away from work. Contact injuries include:
- A moving object striking a worker
- A worker striking against an object or equipment, including bumping into, stepping on, kicking, or being pushed or thrown onto an object
- Part of a worker’s body being squeezed, pinched, compressed or crushed in equipment, between shifting objects, between stationary objects, or in a wire or rope
- A worker being struck, caught or crushed in collapsing structure, equipment or material
- A worker being injured as a result of friction or pressure between the person and the source of injury
- A worker being injured from vibration
Carpal Tunnel is a very common workplace injury. Exercises are designed to relieve pressure on the median nerve of your wrist. Splinting may be recommended as well.
Strains, Pains & Sores
Strains, pains and soreness are very common in the workplace. We will help treat your pain and teach you how to prevent these types of injuries from recurring.
Contact Evolve Physical Therapy in Sherwood and Bethany, Oregon to be seen in under 48 hours for work injuries!
No need to navigate insurance companies. We call your insurance company for you!Request An Appointment for work injuries
Connect with us
P: (971) 213 – 3335
F: (971) 213 – 3389
P: (971) 979 – 0979
F: (971) 979 – 0997
Mon – Thurs: 7:00AM – 7:00PM
Friday: 7:00AM – 6:00PM
Saturday & Sunday: Closed